Welcome to this blog about how to use Community: Connect! principles, tools, and ideas to create a healthy community in any environment. Right now I am focusing on how to produce a great Community: Connect! Event. But there will be many resources that will support you in your efforts to create a community where everyone can thrive.
I hope you find it to be helpful in your community building journey. I aspire to create and then live in a healthy community, so this blog is in an effort to help myself and future community members–as well as you! We are in this together. I hope you will share your best practices and resources in the comments below, or anywhere in this blog.
We are in the process of adding an additional networking/learning event to Community: Connect! Introducing: Creation Care: Connect!
Creation Care: Connect! will be different in the following ways:
- We will always have a vegan potluck
- We will always have breakout groups that focus on Biblical arguments for animal rights and plant-based diet
- We will focus on reaching out to churches to inspire them to host these events as both outreach and to inspire their churches to fulfill our mission
- We will have a Christ-centered, (but not preachy! _approach including starting and ending with a prayer, having literature specifically addressing Christians, and videos that are faith based shown break out groups
- Facilitators and volunteers will be Christians
However, ALL will be welcomed. People who are not Christian will be happy, we think, to come to event where instead of hearing a sermon and singing hymns–they will find common ground with Christians.